HDE® INSULATOR TESTER
The Hi-Test ® IT-4 bushing tester detects non-visible bushing failures before they cause operating difficulties or safety threats to line equipment.
It can be used as a routine maintenance tool to test bushings quickly, safely and reliably. It can be applied to any transmission or distribution bushing in service and at any voltage, as long as there are two or more bushings between the conductor and ground.
It can also be used to test de-energized insulators prior to installation.
- Universal coupling for attachment to a pole
- Built-in megohmmeter applies a current limited potential of 10 kVDC through an insulator
- Alarm provides audible warning of bad insulators
- LED scale shows the status of the bushing being tested
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Includes sturdy case